We offer you, in addition to a funeral conducted to the professional standard, supplementary services covering:
- Organization of and distribution of floral tributes
- Printed service sheets, acknowledgement cards, obituary notices for the local Press
- Catering for mourners after the funeral
- Full monumental masonry service covering both burial and cremation memorials in a wide selection of materials and design
- Guidance to claim DSS funeral grants
- Pre-arranged funeral plans with price and service guarantee, in conjunction with Golden Charter
The directing of a funeral involves the provision of a number of expert and professional services and the use of a variety of equipment.
From the time that first instructions are received until the funeral director and chauffeurs return the family to their home after the funeral, an average of forty man hours of work will have been expended. The work involved includes deciding with the family on the detailed arrangements for either burial or cremation, booking the church, minister and crematorium or cemetery; attending to the necessary legal formalities and to the administrative work required to ensure that all participants and staff are in the right place at the right time; the removal of the deceased to our premises; the preparation and hygienic treatment of the deceased; and finally the conducting of the funeral itself.
In providing these services, we will make available a wide variety of equipment including an ambulance for the removal of the deceased; a hearse and limousines for the conducting of the funeral; and refrigeration, mortuary and embalming facilities. We also provide suitable reception premises and Chapels of Rest, in which relatives and friends may visit the deceased. These facilities are on a 24-hour basis.
We, in addition, arrange funerals in other parts of the country and organise repatriation for a funeral in the UK or abroad, including attending to necessary permits and documentation.